The primary method of contact for information should be through NorthShoreAlert.org
Also, join our Village email list, like our community page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates and additional news before, during and after weather and non-weather related emergencies.
- To join our email list, please send your email address to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join us on Facebook click here and like our community page.
- Follow us on Twitter by clicking here.
If you lose power, please report it to PSE&G using any of the following methods:
- Phone: 1-800-490-0075
- Mobile devices: Text “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454). You’ll receive ongoing updates as the status of your outage changes. If you’re not registered, text REGto PSEGLI (773454) or visit My Account.
- Online: www.psegliny.com/stormcenter
Emergency Preparedness Guides
- Be Informed
- Make a Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Get a Survival Kit
- People with Disabilities
Hurricanes (Summer/Fall Storms)
Find your home’s elevation above sea level at: www.google.com/earth and download the application. From there just put in your address, zoom into your home and you will see the elevation at the bottom of the window (It may be blocked by the tour guide bar that needs to be minimized).
Hurricane Sandy Information:
- Emergency Messages Chronology of Sandy 10 26 12
- Emergency Forum Message From Mayor 11 27 12 (1)
- Port North Emergency Preparedness Forum agenda 11 27 2012
- Emergency Preparedness Contact Information 11 12
- PDF of Sandy Public Forum Presentation
- Hurricane Sandy Information
- Hurricane Sandy Outage Map – Nov. 9