The official forecast is for snow accumulations of 12 inches or more beginning tonight thru Tuesday morning with accompanying winds gusting as high as 50 mph. Because of these predictions, the Village is declaring a SNOW EMERGENCY.
NO PARKING on Village streets beginning 8 PM this evening until 6 PM Tuesday evening.
The snow emergency parking restriction is applicable to all Village streets except:
Mill Pond Road; East side of Waterview Drive, and Soundview Drive only between the cross streets of Dock Lane and Waterview Drive.
The Village is working with our public works department and snow removal contractors to ensure that we keep our village safe. Roads must be kept clear for plowing and accessible for emergency vehicles. Vehicles in violation create a hazard and are subject to police enforcement. Please avoid all unnecessary travel during this time.
The Village has also reached out to PSEG to ensure quick responses in the event of power outages. Report downed wires or power outages to the PSEG mobile app. OR visit PSEGLINY.COM. and goto “report or view outage”. OR call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075,
IMPORTANT: There will NOT be garbage pick-up tomorrow, Monday. Do NOT put out garbage and remove any from the street. The TNH cancelled pick-up due to the Snow.
A few reminders:
• When shoveling do not put snow in the streets. It is dangerous, illegal, and requires re-plowing
• After the snow, property owners are required to clear walks for children, walkers and Post Office deliverers.
• If you are or will be away please make arrangements with a neighbor or contractor to clear snow and check in with neighbors that may be in need of assistance.
• Do not forget to clear Fire Hydrants and School Bus Stops near your home.
• Please do not travel during the storm unless absolutely necessary.
More information can be found on the village’s website by clicking the Snow Emergency Parking Law link.
On a happy note, Rico the lost dog was found late last week. Thank you for your efforts and prayers. The owners are thrilled to have him back.
Thank you and be safe.
Mayor Bob & Village Board