Greetings Port North Residents, its Mayor Bob with an important announcement.
Forecasters are predicting snow accumulations anywhere from 8 to 14 inches with winds gusting as high as 50 mph, starting as early as 1pm tomorrow, December 16th. Because of these predictions, the Village is declaring a snow emergency and restricting parking on the streets beginning at 8am tomorrow through Thursday, December 17th.
The snow emergency parking restriction is not applicable to the following streets:
Mill Pond Road, east side of Waterview Drive, and Soundview Drive only between the cross streets of Dock Lane and Waterview Drive. More information can be found on the village’s website by clicking the Snow Emergency Parking Law link.
The Village is working with our public works department and snow removal contractors to ensure that we keep our village safe. Roads must be clear for plowing and accessible for emergency vehicles. Please avoid all unnecessary travel during this time.
The Village has also reached out to PSEG to ensure quick responses in the event of power outages. To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075.
A few reminders:
• When shoveling do not put snow in the streets. It is dangerous, illegal, and requires re-plowing
• After the snow, property owners are required to clear walks for children, walkers and Post Office deliverers.
• If you are or will be away please make arrangements with a neighbor or contractor to clear snow and check in with neighbors that may be in need of assistance.
• Do not forget to clear Fire Hydrants and School Bus Stops near your home.
• Please do not travel during the storm unless absolutely necessary.
Thank you and be safe.
Also see Local Law 3-2016 – No Parking During and After Snowfall (Local Law 3-2016)